miðvikudagur, júlí 14, 2004

Bookmark and Share

Sorry Kate!!


I got here in one piece. The problem I had was that AirTran, the airline I took from Dallas to Minneapolis, doesn't have a baggage agreement with American Eagle or Icelandair, so I had to check my luggage in both in Dallas and Minneapolis. It went well and I didn't have any trouble with that, but I sure am glad that I was able to ship the golfclubs to Kalli instead of taking them with me to Iceland. In my flight from Dallas to Atlanta there was this HUGE guy sitting next to me, he had to pull up the handlebars between the seats and he needed an extension for his seatbelt. I only got 3/4 of my seat, he took the rest. I thought I had paid for a whole seat. But at least it wasn't that long flight. Then, I got a huge ass first class seat with Icelandair, so that made up for the three quarter of a seat I got with AirTran. My mom picked me up at the airport and we bought some red shoes to go with the dress, they are sooooo cute. Then we spent the last days before the wedding to get ready for it. The wedding itself went very well, my brother took a bunch of pictures, I will post them on the internet.

I have already started working at my uncle's farmhouse hotel, it has been quite busy. Me and my mom have also been helping another uncle and my dad to insulate a house they are building in Kirkjubæjarklaustur (the town) and have only had time to go once to play golf. I went with my dad on Monday night at 8pm to play a round of golf. It's like in Alaska, you can play golf all night long. I will try to keep all of you 'foreigners' posted on what I'm doing here in 'Niceland'

 

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

Gerast áskrifandi að Birta ummæli [Atom]

<< Heim